Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What's What Wednesday

Today I am thirty nine weeks pregnant. That means a few different things. First of all, it means that in just a few short days I will likely be meeting my second son. It's inevitable within the next three weeks. I wander about the house, cleaning, organizing and playing with Kade and I remind myself that things are about to change. Your life is going to change forever. This is so exciting and also nerve-wracking. We're doing our best to prepare our hearts and our already sleepy brains. Kade has been on a bit of a sleep boycott. Staying up too late, getting up extremely early and rarely napping. Today, by some blessed miracle, he tucked into bed quickly. Being thirty nine weeks pregnant also means that I am extremely uncomfortable. I don't feel like cooking, I don't feel like doing much of anything. Bring on the easiest salsa on the planet!



What's Cooking?

Edamame Salsa

1 Cup shelled, cooked edamame, chopped
1 Cup chopped tomatoes- whatever is good right now
1/2 Cup chopped red onion
juice from 1-2 limes, depending on your preference
1/4 Cup chopped cilantro

Mix ingredients together and serve with your favorite tortilla chip. Salsa keeps in fridge for 3-5 days.

*Note: I suggest buying frozen edamame. It's more affordable and great to keep in the freezer for an anytime snack. Kade loves eating them as frozen little treats and they are so good for him!

What are we learning? 

Besides working hard on our letters, we've been talking about plants a bit at our house. Everything is in bloom and every walk we go on becomes another nature adventure.


Its been fun.. until Kade destroyed a strawberry plant the other day. My neighbors probably thought I was insane- yelling across the house, "Kade! Noooooo! You killed it!" It was a sad catastrophe. But before it was that, we had a lot of fun painting a pot, buying dirt and planting our little strawberry friend. And there will be more strawberry friends in the very near future. Chalk it up to my hormones and general discomfort; I got cranky. But we moved on, I apologized and we promised we'd get another plant soon. Meanwhile, my kitchen herbs are staying far out of his reach.



What's making me happy?

The endless possibilities of fun and bonding that will happen in this room.




There you are friends, a short and sweet What's What Wednesday. I have a baby to make last preparations for and a yummy salsa to chow down on. Hope you're all enjoying your first licks of summer!









No comments:

Post a Comment